Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Whales Feel Like Wet Tires

The caption says it all. I miss the baby whale. When we were petting its mother, the baby whale actually stuck its head out of the water and took a little nip on the edge of the boat - right where I was sitting. As if to say: "Leave my mother out of this! Pay attention to me!" or "Don't touch my mother! Only I get to play with her!" Anyhow, it is absolutely impossible to stay in a bad mood when there are pictures of me petting whales around. It makes one feel all warm and gushy inside.

Does anyone enjoy a hot bath with epsom salts. I do. It's so great. I've also been know to dump powdered ginger and other strange oils and powders into a bath. It's killer on drains, but that's why I rent! Anyhow, the new apartment is not great on producing hot water. So, the only time I can fill a bath with hot water seems to be exactly 7:00pm. I won't be home until about 7:30 or 8pm tonight, so I won't get to soak. Most tragic. Sometimes I will boil pots of water on the stove to dump into the bath tub, but it works about as well as it sounds. My dream bathroom would have a bidet and a very deep tub with copious amounts of hot water. Did anyone read the article on urinals in the NY Times recently? I definitely don't want an artisanal urinal in any bathroom I own. Where is the companion article on bidets, mister liberal ny times?

I'm planning to have my 30th birthday in Tulum, Mexico. Will you be coming to celebrate? My mother and Marianne Jackson will be there for sure and they are always rowdy at parties. The thing is, no one told me that Mexico is kind of a shitty country. Well, it will be cheap and there will be Mayan ruins and sunny beaches.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want urinals?

Oh and Anonymous <3 teh wittle whales.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are mistaken- wet tires feel like whales..not the other way around.

carressing wet tires make me feel warm inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home