Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

SubwayBee vs. Urban Outfitters


SubwayBee
Originally uploaded by almondprincess.
Or, really: I Can't Work My Own Blog. I've decided that if I want more than 32 people to view my blog, I've gotta put some photos on my profile. However, I can't figure that out this afternoon and I have to go do battle with Urban Outfitters. I have managed to figure out how to add photos to my blog postings though.

And, I have been callous/shameless with the proliferation of Friendster non-date stories. They represent over 2% of my total blog entries. So here's the photo backstory: This is my halloween costume last year. SluttyBeeWoman. I was on my way somewhere. I think I was going to see a band that I hated in the Meat Packing District.

Urban Outfitters had beautiful sari material on sale for $14.99 at one store. Then at another store they were $29.99 on sale. But they said they have the same prices at all the stores. Now I'm seeing a table one place for $9.99 and $19.99 at a different store. Wtf? I mean; it's a good price either way, right? I'm trying to Feng Shui my apartment and especially my bedroom, so I'm hoping to hang bright sari material draped on the walls and it also makes really great curtains.

It's now time for the Open Center, but, I have to somehow get to Urban Outfitters to buy a $19.99 table and then down to Spring Street by 6.30pm. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow. That's what I said yesterday too. Open Center volunteering is sucking away my free time, which is probably good for my credit card bill.

I'm off to buy a black pepper chocolate "oreo" cookie from Dean & Deluca. They are so good. Little Red Hen Bakery has them too. They call them Love in the Clouds cookies.

Does forthcoming Single Awareness Day decorations disturb anyone besides me? It is everywhere! Save me! I almost want the Christmas music back.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - it's acerbic, not ascerbic. Though I suppose asscerbic might be an option.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah. I get it. Sarah Bee.
I was "Pee Wee Herman Munster" for Halloween.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home