Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Vacation Recovery


MexicoCactus1
Originally uploaded by almondprincess.
Today is another day and I'm recovering from Mexico. Look how big that cactus is. You can't really tell from this photo but they were over 70 feet high. A forest of cacti. The bases of the cacti were just like trunks of old trees. Truly wonderful. I also got to pet whales in the San Ignacio Lagoon. This is a pre-whale photo and you might be able to tell that I had spent the night before in a cheap and skanky San Quintin hotel. There was mold on the wall by my bed and the sheets were thin thin thin. Gabe looked at his bare mattress and saw blood stains. Yum.

A sad thing happened tonight: I had to dump out a barleywine style ale, because I didn't like it. There should be someone in my apartment that would like it and would drink it for me.

I've noticed that a craving for an iced coffee, cafe au lait, cafe mocha, latte or iced decaf coffee can be stronger than a craving for that someone to call you on the phone. Surprisingly strong actually. Strong. Boy, did I want a coffee drink after lunch today. I wanted that beverage much more than I wanted that phone call. I had neither. I am trying to cut back on caffeine and sugar. The sugar part is insurmountable, so I think I will finish off all the delicious treats in my home, before even considering cutting back on sugar. It's supposed to alleviate all of my problems, PMS, mood swings, dry skin, etc., etc.

I am watching the Big Sleep. It's not very riveting, so I think I will go to sleep soon. Last night I watched I Heart Huckabees. That is a brilliant film. It was so weird and sometimes boring, but I couldn't stop watching it. Riveting. I was a little disappointed in the new Robin Hood series on BBCA. I'll watch it even though it's schmaltzy. And finishing my TV update: I cried twice during the newest Battlestar Galactica episode Sunday night. Fuck, I'm starting to well up just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home