Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I miss my boyfriend sculpture


guard1
Originally uploaded by almondprincess.
Okay--picture 12 of these over-sized security men staring at me all day long in the Spring of 2004. When I worked full time at the sweet sweet reception desk, we had an amazing installation from the New Zealand artist Michael Parekowhai in the Lobby. He was inspired by a 3am meeting with his brother at Burger King. Apparently his brother worked as a security guard and looked like these lovely non-confrontational sculptures/boyfriends of mine. (Sigh). I still miss them.

As far as anonymous goes--1) You aren't so anonymous-Paul Whitney. 2) The english language is constantly evolving and soon all y'all bitches are going to spell ascerbic like me.

The bad news is I can't figure out how to post on this fucking blog unless I do it through flickr. The good news is you'll get to see lots of pictures of me this way.

Today, I applied for a Battlestar Galactica Mastercard. Oh, yeah, I'm totally geeked out. I watch SciFi channel and BBCA until I can't see straight. But only, the really goey shows: Footballer's Wives, Hex, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who, made for tv movies with flying reptiles.

But the sweet geeky Mastercard will also let me transfer my balance with no interest for 6 months and I may get the first season on DVD of Battlestar Galactica as a free bonus. Life is good after all.

My niece broke one glittery fish magnet that belongs to my roommate. I'm going to superglue repair it. That's a pretty small amount of carnage-- and fixable. She also slept in my bed one night, woke up at 5am and said something unintelligible. It turns out she said "Tissue please." I understood it the second time and gave her a tissue. Her father then came in and scooped her up to go sleep with her parents. It turns out, the poor princess had a bloody nose, because my apartment is so dry. Very impressive and must take after her mother as she was very mannerly about the whole situation.

My grandmother tried to teach me to say Thank you and please and it didn't stick so well. I was served some vegetable while visiting them in Florida and I said "I hate it!". She said, "Sarah, you should say thank you or please." I replied: "I hate it, thank you very much."

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay I'm internet-famous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home