Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dissed via India/Bushian Time Change, etc.

I have this awesome holistic health counselor. She is helping me re-shape my life into something healthier and even more wonderful than it was before. She is studying in India and gives me two consultations by phone each month and unlimited email access. We had an appointment for tonight at 9pm. 50 minutes of phone conversation and if I am not in a quiet peaceful place (my apartment), she will notice and scold me a little. After one reschedule we were set for tonight. I forgot about it and said that I would attend the Gateway school benefit auction and dinner with Grandma Tina and my aunt and uncle. Good food and wine and I was outbid at every turn for the silent auction. I left early and took a cab home, so I could be in a quiet place by 9pm sharp. I call the cell phone. No answer. Is the time change to blame? I had emailed to let her know about the time change and offer to adjust. No response. I'm kind of annoyed actually. I called again at 10pm (the old 9pm). No answer and no healthful counseling. Dissed. Snap!

Whatever. I'm still pissed about the TV death in my life. I am in mourning. On a lighter note, I'd like to bring up an example of the magic of blogging. About 30 seconds after my last blog posting, I received an incoming phone call on my cellular phone from the person that I referenced as not calling me in the blog posting. Magical.

Do you think there will be a time when harsh anti-bacterial hand soap will become a relic of the past? I hope it is soon. We have this green sludge that oozes out at work. This lady at work asks girls to donate to a Bath and Bodyworks classier anti-bacterial soap fund. It's not as nasty, but it is still anti-bacterial, which is drying and ignorant. I usually don't use either of these soaps, so I don't donate to the fund. I have my own gentle liquid handsoap for work. It's Jason's organic lavender and it is also supposed to wash away contamination from alien life forms and evil crazy maniacs too. What more could you want in a hand soap? I would like to see some Dr. Bronner's hand soap everywhere. It could be as cheap as whatever soap conglomerate controls our public soap lives. The open center claims to be a conscious organization, yet they offer the harsh pearly white anti-bacterial hand soap. I've been busier lately and I may take an acting class. I may be forced to use the anti-bacterial hand soap in public restrooms more because of my "on the go" lifestyle. I do sometimes bring a tiny pot of Burt's Bees orange facial scrub around with me. It makes a great gentle hand soap for the dive bar bathroom that has no soap. I worry about my cuticle health. Do you?

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get those sort of coincidences/moments of premonitions all the time. It's happen so often that I keep a log of them.

Ms Sarah B, your blog isn't mundane at all. In fact I find its conversational tone quite enterntaining.

I use Jason Natural Shampoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home