Glorifying the Mundane

Glorifying the Mundane does exactly what it says. You might hear about baby carrots and milkshakes. You might hear about the pungent guy on the subway. I can only promise that the absurdity will be ordinary, quintessential and tempered with my acerbic observations.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Going To Bed Early

I didn't make it to the gym today, nor did I make it to a yoga class. In spite of this, I did have an unusually productive day today. I did freelance work for four hours and I took care of some necessary internet chores. I took a shower and I fed myself: 12-14 baby carrots, two gooey wheat-free chocolate maroon fudge cups, one quinoa black bean vegetable salad, spicy mac & cheese with prosciutto, tuna, peas and broccoli, milk, blackberry soda, one bag greasy popcorn.

I'm currently watching What Women Want and I am not proud of that fact. I also watched parts of The Wedding Date and The Perez Family. It was a busy day. Yesterday I paid all my bills and did some online banking. I've been eating too much sugar lately. It's making me emotionally volatile. More whole grains, less sugar = happy, stable Sarah.

Last weekend, I taught my niece and nephew how to say Cyclops. I was alone with them on the 2nd floor of my brother's house and I felt obligated to entertain them to keep them from tumbling down the stairs. I was putting in my contacts and May and Ben toddled into the bathroom after me. To keep them rapt, I explained what contacts were for as I put them in my eyes. As I was putting in the second contact, I informed them that I have two contacts because I have two eyes, one contact for each eye. However, not everyone has two eyes. "Do you know what they call someone who has one eye? A Cyclops." These poor kids don't know their Greek mythology yet. I'm relieved to discover that I have plenty of fresh ancient stories to keep them interested in Aunt Sawah. May learned Cyclops very well and we were also able to teach Benjamin how to say Cyclops, although it sounded a bit like "Ky-Kops."

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger barasch said...

Hi Sarah.

Sounds like a productive day. What are you doing for freelance work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home